By Norman N Li,Anthony G. Fane,W. S. Winston Ho,Takeshi Matsuura
A hands-on reference for training execs, Advanced Membrane know-how and Applications covers the elemental ideas and theories of separation and purification through membranes, the $64000 membrane strategies and structures, and significant business purposes. It is going a ways past the fundamentals to handle the formula and commercial manufacture of membranes and applications.
This functional guide:
- Includes assurance of all of the significant sorts of membranes: ultrafiltration; microfiltration; nanofiltration; opposite osmosis (including the hot high-flux and low-pressure membranes and anti-fouling membranes); membranes for gasoline separations; and membranes for gasoline phone uses
- Addresses six significant themes: membranes and purposes in water and wastewater; membranes for biotechnology and chemical/biomedical functions; gasoline separations; membrane contractors and reactors; environmental and effort purposes; and membrane fabrics and characterization
- Includes discussions of vital strategic concerns and the way forward for membrane technology
With chapters contributed through prime specialists of their particular components and a realistic concentration, this can be the definitive reference for execs in business production and separations and examine and improvement; practitioners within the manufacture and functions of membranes; scientists in water remedy, pharmaceutical, nutrition, and gasoline mobilephone processing industries; approach engineers; and others. it's also a superb source for researchers in and academia and graduate scholars taking classes in separations and membranes and similar fields.
Read Online or Download Advanced Membrane Technology and Applications PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
This ebook is the 8th quantity within the sequence Acute publicity instruction degrees for chosen Airborne chemical compounds, and experiences AEGLs for acrolein, carbon monoxide, 1,2-dichloroethene, ethylenimine, fluorine, hydrazine, peracetic acid, propylenimine, and sulfur dioxide for medical accuracy, completeness, and consistency with the NRC guide studies.
The seventh foreign Symposium at the Characterization of Porous Solids (COPS-VII) was once held within the Congress Centre in Aix-en-Provence among the 25th-28th might 2005. The symposium coated fresh result of basic and utilized learn at the characterization of porous solids. Papers when it comes to characterization equipment equivalent to fuel adsorption and liquid porosimetry, X-ray ideas and microscopic measurements in addition to the corresponding molecular modelling equipment got.
During the last few a long time, the radiological technology neighborhood has built and utilized various versions of the human physique for radiation safety, diagnostic imaging, and nuclear medication treatment. The guide of Anatomical types for Radiation Dosimetry offers a finished overview of the improvement and alertness of those computational versions, referred to as "phantoms.
Targeting the applying of membranes in an engineering context, this hands-on computational advisor makes formerly difficult difficulties regimen. It formulates difficulties as structures of equations solved with MATLAB, encouraging energetic studying via labored examples and end-of-chapter difficulties. The certain remedies of dead-end filtration comprise novel ways to consistent expense filtration and filtration with a centrifugal pump.
- Technologies for Converting Biomass to Useful Energy: Combustion, Gasification, Pyrolysis, Torrefaction and Fermentation (Sustainable Energy Developments)
- Mass Transfer: Principles and Operations
- Coal and Coal-Related Compounds: Structures, Reactivity and Catalytic Reactions (Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis)
- Advances in Chemical Propulsion: Science to Technology (Environmental & Energy Engineering)
- Sewer Processes: Microbial and Chemical Process Engineering of Sewer Networks
- Food Biopreservation (SpringerBriefs in Food, Health, and Nutrition)
Extra resources for Advanced Membrane Technology and Applications
Advanced Membrane Technology and Applications by Norman N Li,Anthony G. Fane,W. S. Winston Ho,Takeshi Matsuura